Obesity is a horror for the human race, just not because it makes you look bad; it also invites several health troubles like heart problems, diabetes, body pain or arthritis, depression, fatigue, breathing trouble and more. So, even if you are not bothered about how you look, it is time to take obesity into account. Obesity is categorized according to one’s Body Mass Index which is the product of your height and weight; derived using a simple formula. If your Body Mass Index is between 25 and 29.9, you are considered overweight. If your Body Mass Index is 30 or over you are considered obese and in excess of 40 is morbidly obese. The management of obesity largely depends on the category of Body Mass Index. Another simple way to measure obesity is the waist circumference and rarely using the waist to hip ratio.
There are fundamentally 2 reasons for obesity
1. Taking in more calories than you can burn
2. Burning up lesser calories than you consume.
Why you should be concerned about Obesity
• If you think that being overweight is only a result of an unbalanced diet, you are wrong. Even after following a healthy diet regime, people fail to recover from this problem. And things become worse, if you start starving in the hope of losing weight! It only complicates the issue.
• Exercise is of course good for health; but no exercise can result in rapid weight loss. It is alengthy process and people often lose patience and becomes subject to severe depression. An exercise regime is quite tough to maintain and everyone cannot get accustomed to it quickly. Once you lose weight by a surgical method, you can gain confidence and then start maintaining a good health by exercise.
• There are some health conditions like diabetes, hypothyroidism, blood cholesterol, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) in women and genetic influence which cause obesity. In these cases you cannot control fat simply by dieting or exercise, unless the health condition is under control.
Obesity Treatment Options
Weight loss treatment strategies are planned according to the person’s weight or Body Mass Index. In people who are overweight or with Grade I obesity, life style modification and cognitive behavioral therapy is initiated which helps in treatment of obesity. In people with more severe forms of obesity, anti-obesity medication and sometimes surgery is indicated. Weight Loss Surgery is the final and ultimate choice for people who are very obese with a Body Mass Index in excess of 33 who have not lost weight from other treatments like diet, exercise, or medicine.
World-Class Treatment for Obesity in Kerala
If you are looking for the best treatment centre for Obesity in Kerala, you don’t have to look any further. At Silverline Hospital, we offer affordable weight loss treatments that includes lifestyle changes, medicines and weight-loss surgery. The treatment option is chosen on a host of issues like; whether the patient is diabetic, food habits and the condition of the patient. Our concerned doctors and supporting staff work closely together to provide patients with the most comprehensive support to accomplish better weight loss outcomes, with successful long-term weight loss maintenance.